Route map each dot represents where I spent the night


Ver Ride Map en un mapa más grande

Friday, April 22, 2011

Here we go...

         Its always strange to start something new, before i started this crazy adventure by bike I was nervous, scared, apprehensive, and didnt really know what to expect but once I got rolling it felt like the most natural and easy thing to do in the world..
           Im really hoping this blog venture will be similair, as I sit here, alone, half way through a bottle of pisco in a hostel in Chile Im kind of at a loss as to what to write about despite the fact I´ve been on the adventure of a life time the past 4mos. So bear with me and hopefully once I get rolling with this blog thing itll become as easy as bike touring did for me.
           Not to say bike touring was easy from the get go, I distinctly remember cracking like an egg 30k into my first day on the bike, and wondering what in gods name did I just sign myself up to do.. but after 3mos on the bike I thank my lucky stars not only was I afforded the time to do this but that I didnt give up on it like I REALLY wanted to those first few days, this will sound sappy but without the support from first and foremost my family (Don, Lynn, Janna, cousins etc.) and friends (Kam, Nat, Pilgrim, Mallory, etc.) I absolutely never would have got this thing off the ground.
           So a big thank you to everyone who supported this whole idea into becoming a reality, I honestly could not have done it without you.. It feels right after 3mos of riding (Ushuaia > Santiago) to let these folks know how I feel, Im sure you all do but I wanted to say it anyway, because honestly I wasnt quite sure myself thatd Id be able to do this so now that I know I can (and will) finish what I started I thought itd be a good time to say thanks to everyone who believed in me through the good and the bad.
          Anyway, enough with that, I must say Ive got some pretty interesting stories from the past 3mos of riding, arrested in Argentina, robbed in Lima, damn near frost bit in Tierra Del Fuego, but we will get to all that later.. for now I just wanted to say thank you and get this first blog post up and out there, like it (or dont) its mostly for me so I can remember the cool (and not so cool) parts of this trip. Feel free to comment and tell me what u liked (or didnt like) and ill try to make the next post more interesting than the last.. Thanks for reading..

No comments:

Post a Comment